Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I didn't think that I could do it

Today I found myself in a situation where I had to hold Miles and Max at the same time. That is around 70 pounds combined! Worse still, I lifted Max from the floor while I was holding Miles and didn't even have the advantage of using the wall for balance while standing back up b/c both arms were full. I am very glad I didn't hurt myself! Anyway, the situation was that Miles was zooming down the hall and apparently Griffin was nearby, felt threatened, and clawed his ankle pretty bad. We didn't witness it and don't know whether Miles did anything malicious to spur the "attack," but he hasn't provoked Griffin in a long time. So I think it was innocent. Miles was hurt and very upset. So I picked him up. Miles' crying set Max off and he started crying too. So I picked Max up. As I was bending to pick Max up, Miles said through his tears "Don't pick him up!" Miles tolerance for Max has been worn out during this past week with Max's illness. It brought us back to Max's newborn/infant days when Max had little use to Miles and Miles resented sharing attention. Plus the crying seems to stress him out. Luckily, Ron was nearby and took Max off my hands and I attended to Miles. He was saying "Why did Griffin make me bleed?" and "I want to go to sleep!" He laid down and rested and we kept him home from school since getting a sock and shoe on the fresh injury would have been difficult. Not long after, he made a full recovery and was again running around the house.

No comments: