Wednesday, October 24, 2007
San Diego Fires
We're OK. We evacuated to Ron's mom's in L.A. on Monday (90 minutes north). Getting out of town was fine. From what we're read and heard, the fires didn't reach our neighborhood, so we are remaining optimistic about our return (maybe tomorrow or Friday -- our workplaces and Miles' school are closed for the week -- air quality is terrible from smoke and ash). We left some precious things behind: our cats! Ron honestly believed that the fires wouldn't reach our area and felt that the hassle of bringing them with us wasn't worth it. I still feel awful about leaving them. They are at least accustomed to being home alone when we're away for a few days with lots of water and food left out. The other thing that I left behind was baby and family videos because I forgot them. Losing that stuff would really hurt me. I will archive them when I get back (something I've been meaning to do) and keep a back-up at my parents in Tucson...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment